Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21.11.17 at 08:57:50

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
Kampforum.no  |  Generelt  |  Treningsrelatert  |  Treningsdagbok  |  Topic: Simon's Training Log 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Go Down Print

Simon's Training Log

erlendwj
« Reply #15 on: 22.01.08 at 22:17:30 »

Det så bedre ut! Viktige punkter å ha et klart standpunkt på er, trives du med dette. Føler du deg tilfredsstilt med dette kostholdet? Føler du deg stort sett mett og har tilstrekkelig energi til neste måltid? Kunne du tenke deg å holde på med denne dietten resten av livet?

Du må finne noe som passer deg og din livvstil, og som du trives med. Anbefaler deg å ha alle måltider frem mot 'middag' i hjemmet klargjort i sekken idet du drar hjemmeifra om morgenen.

Struktur er avgjørende! Godt jobba, stå på!

Sauron
Gammel ørn

Selv en vei på tusen mil begynner med ett skritt..
« Reply #16 on: 23.01.08 at 08:25:18 »

Personaly I find individual personal results the best way to judge my diet rather than a general recommendation... For example: If I am experiencing gains in both strength and lean mass while keeping body fat to a healthy level I feel I'm on the right track.

Last year on a similar diet My waist went from 96cm to 82cm... My arms from 34cm to 41cm and my chest from 104cm to 114cm.
The week before new years I bench-pressed 115kg... I only weigh 74kg so thats 1.55 times my own body weight. I can do now 3 chinups with 1 arm and train weighted dips with +20kg (did 13 reps first set today).

These gains (and fat loses) would not have been possible if my diet was lacking in excess calories... You cant build muscle/strength if you are calorie difficient. I even had to reduce calorie intake toward the end of the year to get rid of some excess flab that built up during my strength training cycle.

I hate the idea of posting pictures of myself on the web but in the interest of discussion... here goes.

This first picture my ex-wife took to convince me I needed to get back in the gym... So this is my official "BEFORE" photo. For those that dont know I took a whole year off training and this is the result.  shy

This next photo is from 1 week before christmas and was taken with my mobile... Yes I know its bad quality but it was only ment to be seen by a friend that was interested in my training progress.

I am happy with last years progress and look forward to what I can achieve this year...

Helvete, det var stor forskjell på de bildene... Hvilket treningsprogram kjørte du i løpet av dette året? Hva trente du og hvor mange dager i uken etc?

3. Dan Shorin Ryu
6. Kyu Kyokushinkai
Simon Flack
Survival Stress Response Trainer
Veteran

« Reply #17 on: 23.01.08 at 08:43:24 »

Basically the same program as I have posted for this year. Same core exercises. Same number of days. Same kind of diet. Only Cardio training was martial arts/self defense training.

Main difference is that I always did 4 sets of 4 reps and I trained longer each day. This was ok for my first year because I was also aiming to loose a lot of fat off my gut. But it also limited my potential gains as I was over training Now I have reduced the total number of sets per muscle group per training session so that I dont start overtraining.

Basically trying to train smarter not harder...

Simon Flack
Senior Instructor, SECA-Group,Norway
web: www.seca-group.com,email: simon@seca-group.com
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #18 on: 23.01.08 at 08:47:04 »

Todays Log... (I'll modify it as the day goes)

Meal 1 07:00
2 slices of bread with salami (basically on my way out the door)

Meal 2 08:40
Yogurt and Musli
Iced Coffee
600ml Water

Meal 3 11:15
Spaghetti Bolognese
600ml Light Milk

Meal 4 13:00
Banana
Grapes
BabyCarrots (Jepp... Jobbfrukt.no  hehe)

Training 17:45
600ml Carb drink

Exercise, Sets, Reps

Back
DeadLift, 4, 6-8
Weighted Chins, 3, 6-8
Cable Row, 3, 8-10

Core
Plank, 1 , 2 min
SidePlank, 1, 1.5 min
Crunches, 1, 50
Torso Rotations, 1, 60

Biceps
Standing Dumbbell Curl, 3, 8-10
Roman Preacher Curl, 2, 6-8

Protein + Carb Shake

Comments
I seem to be more explosive and stronger in my back after the 3 week break... I may have been overtraining before christmas and have now recovered a bit. Dead lift went really well today, grip strength good. Good pump overall... Alot better than routine I was using before christmas.  biggrin

Meal 5 20:00
Protein Shake

« Last Edit: 23.01.08 at 20:35:05 by Simon Flack » Logged

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #19 on: 23.01.08 at 15:00:46 »

Yeah... Probably a good idea... I'll think about it and write some goals asap...

I guess... "get big and turn green" is not good enough.. hehe... But seriously... I have some goals... I'll formulate them and add them to this log.

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #20 on: 23.01.08 at 20:31:53 »

Goals

My goal for last year was to get back in basic shape and i feel i achieved that ok.

My long term goal for this year is to find out what diet and training principles my body responds to best. Therefore I will be changing my routine quite regularly... The core exercises will stay the same but the way I do them and the additional shaping/isolation style exercises will change every 6 to 9 weeks... I will be basing my routines on the Weider principles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Weider.

I am a strong believer that every person is different and no one routine or training form is best for everybody... I have tried various styles of training from circuit (army style) to yoga... I have found that lifting weights suits me best both in terms of enjoyment and results. So now that I have decided that weights are best for me my main goal for this year is to find out what types of exercises and routines my body responds best too so that I can get the best out of the next few years of training.

I will also be working hard to keep my routines under 60 minutes and to keep the intensity as high as possible.

I put on a fair bit of flab during my 3 week christmas break.. So my first goal will be to burn off a bit of that... not all of it... just a bit. I also lost a bit of size so I will be aiming to put that back on... I have lost my tape measure so I cant post any measurments yet... I will buy a new one asap and start posting measurments too.

So goals for end of March:
Biceps back to 41cm (I guess they are around 38-39 now)
Cut 2-3 cm off my gut... Back to 82-83cm
Max lift in bench at 115kg... I wont test it until then....
Get a tan.... hehe... I glow in the dark at the moment.  clown2

« Last Edit: 23.01.08 at 20:37:41 by Simon Flack » Logged

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #21 on: 24.01.08 at 18:21:29 »

Well... Now I have basically forgotten when I ate today... Busy day....

Still ate regular meals every 3 or so hours... Same basic diet... Just cant remember the times... or what i ate when... Day has been a blur... I ate a huge omlett with salad for my main meal at lunch time..

I will head home now (2 hours late) and probably fry some fish and drink a shake...

Training yesterday was really good... Finished right on 60 minutes... Fluke... or good guess anyway regarding routine.

Tomorrow is Legs, Neck and Shoulders... Have replaced Laterals with Shrugs and grouped exercises together as in the Chest and Back routines... I'm not going to be able to walk tomorrow night..hehe..

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #22 on: 26.01.08 at 20:03:33 »

Had to pick up my girlfriend from the airport on friday so I trained instead today...

Exercise, Reps, Sets

Legs
Full Squats, 4, 6-8
Leg Curl, 3, 8-10
Leg Extension, 3, 8-10
Seated Calf Raises, 3, 15-20

Core
Hanging situps, 1, Max
Reverse Crunch, 1, Max

Shoulders
Shoulder dumbbell press, 3, 8-10
Shrug, 3, 8-10

PAIN!... What a day... Finished routine in just under 60 minutes... My legs felt like jelly and my shoulders burned... Felt great!

Bought a new tape measure... Biceps grown a bit... now at 39cm (not pumped)... 2 cm to go! Unfortunately my stomach has too over the christmass break... I guessed 3 cm... 5cm is more like it... blush I only took 3 weeks off training! NOTE TO SELF: Max 1 week breaks from now on... hehe..

New program still feels good.... Muscles seem to recover well by next training...

Next training is on Monday... Chest and Triceps...

Todays Diet: Birthday Party! --> only 1 thin slice of cake... promis! hehe

New official BEFORE photo for this year.

« Last Edit: 26.01.08 at 20:38:54 by Simon Flack » Logged

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #23 on: 28.01.08 at 21:33:34 »

Just completed Chest and Tricep routine...

Exercise, Sets, Reps

Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press, 4, 6-8
Bench Press, 3, 8-10
Flys, 3, 8-10

Core
Plank, 1, 2 min
Side Plank, 1, 1.5min (Both sides)
Cycle Crunches, 1, 50
Reverse Crunches, 1, 20

Triceps
Weighted Dips (+20kg), 3, 8-12
French press, 2, 8-10

Training Comments:
Felt alot better to do incline before flat bench press..Better pump.
Tricep routine seems also to working well.
Finished just over 60 minutes.. Too much talk! Need to be more strict and hold 90 sec.

Diet Comments
Ate well today... Rice, carrots, apple, banana, chicken salad, cheese on toast, 2 Shakes, 1 carb drink, ++
Started taking Creatine again... See how it goes this time... ;-)

Other Comments
Legs were still sore earlier today from Leg routine on saturday...

Simon Flack
erlendwj
« Reply #24 on: 29.01.08 at 22:08:04 »

Nå har du vel holdt på en 1-2 ukers tid. Hva med et lite referat av første uka? Hva kan du forbedre?
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #25 on: 30.01.08 at 09:06:20 »

First week or so has gone better than expected... I am eating alot more than originaly planned and putting on weight already.. Measured my bicep last night. 40cm... thats 1.5cm in 2 weeks. Ofcourse my arms were probably deflated from not training and eating properly over christmas but I guess half of that is real gain.

Its been hard to keep to a stricy 90 second rest between sets due to people comming over and talking to me. I might start wearing earphones and listen to music... Then people wont expect me to be able to hear them.

I will start doing close grip barbell curls this week instead of dumbbell curls... I will be aiming to put some more width on my arms (outer bicep).

Stomach is a little flatter but still not were it was before christmas... I wont be focusing too much on this at the moment.. The extra food is really helping me build muscle.. Looks like my body might respond better to the Bulk and then Def method of training.

I need to be better regarding taking my vitamins and shakes. I am eating regularly but I have forgotten to supplement quite often. Its been a bit busy... Just have to get back to routine.

The new routines are definatly more intense and I can feel that I really need to push myself to get through the routine in under 60 minutes. Feels good.

All in all.. Great to be back in the gym!

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #26 on: 31.01.08 at 20:35:32 »

Todays training (Day 2: Back and Biceps)

Exercise, Sets, Reps

Lower Back
Deadlift, 4 , 6-8

Biceps
Narrow grip barbell curl, 3, 8-10
Dumbbell curls, 3, 5-8

Core:
Plank, 1, 2 min
Side crunch, 1, 60 (each side)
Reverse crunch, 1, 20
Torso Rotation, 1, 60

Middle and Upper Back
Wide grip chins, 3, 6-10 (first set weighted + 10 kg)
Cable Row, 3, 8-10

Comments:
Really hard to do back exercises after bicep routine... Will do upper back routine first from now on.
Narrow grip curls produced a good pump... Take wide grip next week and compare.
Going to have to start to use straps again when deadlifting... running out of grip strength.

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #27 on: 04.02.08 at 20:26:31 »

Todays training

Exercise, Sets, Reps

Chest
BenchPress, 4, 6-8
Incline Dumbbell Press, 3, 8-10
Flys, 3, 8-10

Core
Plank, 1, 2 min
Side Crunches, 2, 50
Torso Rotations, 1, 70

Triceps
Weighted Dips (+20kg), 3, 8-15
French press, 2, 8-10

Neck
Shrugs, 3, 8-12

Comments
Awsome pump in my chest and triceps today ;-)
3 extra reps on my first set of weighted dips. Up from 12 --> 15... Happy with that!
Doing incline after bench press went alot better today than the first time I tried to combine these 2 in a row...
Seem to get a better burn from side crunches than doing side plank and cycle crunches... Will stick with this for a few weeks.

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #28 on: 07.02.08 at 18:05:28 »

Yesterdays training

Exercise, Sets, Reps

Back
Dead Lift, 4, 6-8
Lat pulldown, 3, 8-10
Cable Row, 3, 8-10

Biceps
Narrow grip Barbell curl, 3, 8-10
Dumbbell Curl, 2, 8-10

Comments
No time for core exercises due to other commitments.

Simon Flack
Simon Flack
Veteran

« Reply #29 on: 08.02.08 at 21:31:06 »

Todays Training

Exercises, Sets, Reps

Legs
Full Squat, 4, 6-8
Leg Extension, 3, 8-10
Leg Curl, 3, 8-10
Seated Calf Raises, 3, 30

Core
Hanging Situps, 1, 15
Reverse Crunches, 1, 20

Shoulders
Shoulder Press, 3, 6-8
Shrugs, 3, 8-10

Comments:
I'm having a good progression in terms of strength and size but I maybe putting on to much weight on my stomach... Starting to consider lowering daily calorie intake... Not sure yet... Give it a week or so more.

Up 10kg on squats.. Happy with that.
Shrugs seem to have the desired effect..
Still satisfied with new routine.
Intensity was very high today.. Finished under 1 hour... Really tough... Just as it should be. ;-)

Negitive comment: Ate a Wopper Burger today!  blush Not good...

Simon Flack
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Go Up Print 
Kampforum.no  |  Generelt  |  Treningsrelatert  |  Treningsdagbok  |  Topic: Simon's Training Log « previous next »
Jump to:  

Social sharing